Are you seeking for a scholarship? Here is a wonderful opportunity for you. The University of Canterbury is offering an Auckland Council Chief Economist’s Research Scholarship in Economics.
The study program is available for Domestic Students who must be enrolled in a program of postgraduate study at a New Zealand university. The main purpose of this award is to encourage and support postgraduate research in urban economics or in a related field that has particular relevance to local government in New Zealand.
The University of Canterbury has its main campus in the Christchurch suburb of Ilam. It is New Zealand’s second-oldest university which was established in 1873 and ranked within the top 500 universities in the world.
Why at the University of Canterbury? It gives students an excellent educational foundation that you will be able to turn into an amazing career. Here they can get professional learning opportunities, career guidance, and employment services.
Application Deadline: 5 March 2020
University or Organization: University of Canterbury
Course Level: Postgraduate Degree
Access Mode: Online
Number of Awards: NA
Nationality: Domestic and International students
The program can be taken in New Zealand
Eligible Countries: Domestic and International students are eligible to apply.
Acceptable Course or Subjects: The sponsorship will be awarded to study in any Postgraduate Degree offered by the University.
Admissible Criteria: Applicants must:
- At the time of application, candidates must be enrolled in a program of postgraduate study at a New Zealand university.
- Applicants may be enrolled as either full time or part-time students.
- The postgraduate program must be in the area of urban economics or a related field.
- Universities NZ and Auckland Council reserve the right to determine the eligibility of a particular area of study.
- A thesis, dissertation or research report must be a requirement of the postgraduate program.
How to Apply
- How to apply: If you are interested to apply for the opportunity , you need to take admission in the University. However, if The grant is managed by Universities NZ or another department of the University an External Website link will appear below and application instructions will be available through that link.
- Supporting Documents: To apply, candidates must be ready to submit all previous academic transcripts.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants need to check out the entry requirements for applying this funded study.
- Language Requirement: You must be competent in the use and understanding of written and spoken English. Check you meet the minimum English language requirements.
- Benefit: Each year Auckland Council may grant one scholarship with an award of $4,000 or two scholarships with an award of $2,000 each.